5-Year-Old Dies In Prince George’s County Fire
CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Md. (WJZ/AP) — A 5-year-old girl is killed and two others are clinging to life after a Prince George’s County home goes up in flames.
The fire started around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday at a duplex in Capitol Heights.
Fire department spokesman Mark Brady says arriving firefighters found a 24-year-old man in the front yard suffering from severe burns. He told firefighters about the children trapped inside. The man was the father of the 5-year-old and the brother of a 15-year-old.
All three were taken to hospitals, and the girl died around 8 p.m. The boy remained in critical condition Wednesday evening.
Fire officials say an overloaded electrical circuit caused the accidental fire. It began in the first floor living room.