Overloaded Circuit Led To Fatal Fire; Second Person Dies

CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Md. (AP) — Prince George’s County fire officials say a second person has died from injuries suffered in a fire.

A department spokesman says 15-year-old Rickey Cole died Thursday afternoon. He was the uncle of 5-year-old Jade Buffaloe, who died a few hours after Wednesday’s fire.

The fire department says the accidental blaze began in the first-floor living room of a Capitol Heights duplex on Wednesday afternoon. Officials say the family was powering a window air conditioner through an extension cord and power strip, causing an electrical overload. The three occupants were taking a nap when the fire broke out.

The girl’s 24-year-old father was critically injured.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live