wjz-13 all-news-99-1-wnew 1057-the-fan 1300logo2_67x35
FIRST WARNING WEATHER: Severe Thunderstorm Warning Weather App | Current Conditions | Video Forecast | Radar

Local

Md. Family Sickened By Carbon Monoxide

View Comments
carbon monoxide detector

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

GLENARDEN, Md. (AP) — The Prince George’s County fire department says a Glenarden family of five was taken to a hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide.

Fire department spokesman Mark Brady says family members awoke Monday morning with complaints of headaches and nausea and called 911. Brady says firefighters and paramedics responded to the family’s home on Reicher Street and evaluated them. The family, including parents and three children, were taken to a Baltimore hospital and were in good condition.

Firefighters detected a high level of carbon monoxide in the home. Brady says firefighters shut down the home’s natural gas furnace and water heater and ventilated the house. Brady says officials believe that the carbon monoxide leak was caused by one of the two appliances.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,189 other followers