CHEVERLY, Md. (AP) — Prince George’s County authorities say a contractor has suffered second-degree burns while working at a Cheverly warehouse.

Mark Brady, a spokesman for the county fire and emergency management agency, tells The Washington Post that an electrical arc caused burns to the contractor’s face, neck arms and chest on Tuesday. The man’s injuries were not life threatening.

Several months ago, a worker at the warehouse on Cabin Branch Drive accidentally ran a forklift into a storage rack which caused the roof to collapse. One worker was trapped and his body was discovered days later.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
CBS All Access

Watch & Listen LIVE