Reporting Mark Zinno
Here are the world’s foremost authority on power rankings. You can disagree if you like, but you will soon realize we are right.
1. FALCONS – looking like a team that is ready to win now … and in the playoffs.
2. GIANTS – could be the most complete team in the league right now.
3. TEXANS – the best team in the AFC by a decent margin. Ready for stretch run.
4. 49ERS – for two straight weeks they demonstrated NFC West supremacy.
5. BEARS – Jay Cutler isn’t helping them score. But their defense is. And they win.
6. PACKERS – they are on a run and looking more like the 15-1 team from last year.
7. PATRIOTS – apparently the New England Patriots offense is still better than the old.
8. RAVENS – let’s see what team comes out of the bye. Time for Flacco to carry them.
9. STEELERS – may be starting to make their run & the defense is returning to form.
10. BRONCOS – Peyton’s revenge for the SB loss was enough to give them first place.
11. VIKINGS – for some reason that loss on Thursday night at home was predictable.
12. SEAHAWKS – thought they would steal another one on the east coast. Was not so.
13. DOLPHINS – we all slept on Joe Philbin and Ryan Tannehill. We are now awake.
14. COLTS – they are only two games out of first in the AFC South. Think about that.
15. CARDINALS – their run at the top of the NFC West is probably over for good.
16. LIONS – the worst part for them is that there are 3 teams above them.
17. COWBOYS – watching them lose is painful and fun at the same time. It’s confusing.
18. EAGLES – total chaos has set in. Putting Vick on the bench will signal the end.
19. RAMS – a much better team at home. Too bad the NFL called home “London” this week.
20. REDSKINS – note to Kyle Shanahan-sending RG3 out as a WR is dangerous!
21. BUCCANEERS – the offense has been on fire the last 2 weeks. How long will it last?
22. CHARGERS – the ugliness has officially started. Start the clock on Norv Turner.
23. BILLS – all those improvement in the off-season better start showing up.
24. RAIDERS – back to back wins. And now only a game out of first place in AFC West.
25. JETS – fans will look at the last 2 divisional games in the last 2 weeks and wonder.
26. BENGALS – the 2 teams ahead of them have problems & that will keep them in it.
27. TITANS – they used to be a tough team to beat at home. Not anymore.
28. SAINTS – Joe Vitt & Jonathan Vilma coming back didn’t help. Didn’t think it would.
29. BROWNS – not only out of the cellar, but out of the “30s” in the HZPR! Celebrate!
30. JAGUARS – showed a lot of heart hanging with the Pack with no MJD. Still no “W.”
31. PANTHERS – at least the lost respectable and Cam Newton didn’t pout publicly.
32. CHIEFS – Cassel. Quinn. Cassel. Does it matter? Not when you score the second fewest points in the league.
Follow me on Twitter @MarkZinno