Local

Underage Visitors To Essex Haunted House Taken To The Hospital After Hazmat Spill

View Comments
WJZ Logo

ESSEX, Md. (WJZ)– A chemical spill at an Essex haunted house has sent six visitors to the hospital.

Baltimore County police say that medics were called to Kim’s Krypt Haunted House in the 400-block of Eastern Avenue at 9:30 p.m. Friday after employees complained of nausea.

Police said that a small jar of formaldehyde that was used as a prop at the haunted house was knocked over by a visitor. Children present at the scene were exposed to the chemical but did not suffer any serious injuries. Since they did not have an adult present, they were taken to the hospital for observation as a precaution.

The fire department cleaned up the spill.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,447 other followers