PYLESVILLE, Md. (AP) — Fire officials say a man has died in a fire in his Pylesville home.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says 52-year-old Sheldon “Sam” Deller was pronounced dead at a local hospital after the Thursday afternoon blaze.

Officials say the fire began in Deller’s bedroom, sending heavy smoke throughout the dwelling. Authorities say Deller’s mother and sister tried to rescue him, but were forced to escape.

Authorities believe Deller died from smoke inhalation, but the state medical examiner will need to confirm the cause.

Officials say the fire, which was started in an overloaded electrical outlet, burned itself out before firefighters arrived.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE