CLEAR SPRING, Md. (AP) — A western Maryland family displaced by fire has relocated to another home and has received many donated clothes and toys from the community.

The Herald-Mail of Hagerstown reports that the fire Saturday that displaced four adults and a child in Clear Spring is being attributed to an electrical outlet malfunction.

The blaze began in the first-floor laundry room and caused tens of thousands of dollars in damage.

Clear Spring volunteer fire company member Eric Reid says the family moved into a new home. The owner there plans to donate the first three months’ rent so the family can recover.

He says that while the family has received many donations, people should check the Clear Spring fire company Facebook page after Christmas to see what else the family might need.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE