GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A major gas leak is causing problems in Anne Arundel County.
Crews are currently working to repair a gas line that was struck by workers in Glen Burnie. The gas was shut off shortly after 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Forty-five homes were affected by the leak. Nine of those homes don’t have gas service now.
At least 10 people living on Delmar Avenue are keeping warm at the Glen Burnie Athletic Association while crews try to repair the broken gas line. Some people have elected to seek shelter elsewhere.
There’s no word on how long the repairs will take. Gas lines take longer to fix so it could take until Thursday.
All the affected residents were offered assistance from the Red Cross but declined that help.
WJZ will bring you more information just as soon as it becomes available.