Child Lights Bed On Fire, No Injuries

SALISBURY, Md. (AP) — A 4-year-old boy who was playing with matches lit his bed on fire in a Salisbury apartment but has escaped unharmed.

The Daily Times reports the fire broke out Saturday morning at the apartment on Winterborne Lane. A sprinkler system in the apartment extinguished the fire.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s office says the boy’s parents discovered the fire after smoke alarms went off. They alerted their neighbors to evacuate.

The fire caused about $4,000 in damage. No one was injured.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live