Woman Dead After House Fire In Indian Head
INDIAN HEAD, Md. (AP) — Fire officials in Maryland say a woman has died in a house fire in Indian Head.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal said officials were called to a home at 5315 Stuckey Road at 10:17 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a fire. Fire officials say seven people were able to escape from the home without injury but 66-year-old Geraldine Key died.
Fire officials say one firefighter sustained a burn injury and was treated and released from the hospital. The fire caused $80,000 in damage.
Officials said Wednesday that the blaze began when combustible items came in contact with an operating kerosene heater.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)