Bob Haynie: National League Picks
Orioles CentralShop Team Gear
Sports Fan Insider
On Friday, I made my predictions for the upcoming American League baseball season. Now, it’s time for the National League picks.
(Check out Bob’s American League Picks!)
1) Nationals: Strasburg will not be shut down this year. 100 win team.
2) Braves: The Upton’s got most of the offseason pub. But Jason Heyward is the OF to watch.
3) Phillies: If they can stay healthy, the Phils can make a run at it.
4) Mets: David Wright is a stud and Terry Collins is a good quote. Other than that, not much.
5) Marlins: Last year’s trendy preseason pick. Then the season started. The debacle continues in ’13.
1) Reds: A talented team for sure. Looking to finally breakthrough in the playoffs.
2) Cardinals: Can Beltran duplicate his fine 2012 campaign? A franchise that knows how to win.
3) Pirates: Bucs have flirted with .500 the past two seasons. They finally get there in ’13.
4) Brewers: Will Braun’s latest link to PED’s be a distraction? Could surpise if the rotation hold up.
5) Cubs: It’s going to be a long season.
1) Giants: Defending champs will count of their pitching. Can Lincecum bounce back?
2) Dodgers: Crazy payroll means high expectations. If they start slow, manager Mattingly could be toast.
3) Diamondbacks: Took a dip in 2012. They still have some talent here. Good pitching.
4) Padres: Could be as boring as their uniforms. Losing Chase Headley to injury didn’t help.
5) Rockies: They should be able to score some runs. They will definitely give up a bunch.
Wild Cards: Braves, Dodgers
NL Champ: Nationals
World Series: Nationals over Angels
Let’s play ball.