April 23, 2013 10:49 AM
Orioles CentralShop Team Gear
Sports Fan Insider
Keep up with your favorite teams and athletes with daily updates.Sign Up
Here is this week’s installment of my 6-4-3. Top 6 teams, 4 stats to note and bottom 3 teams in MLB.
Top 6 -
- Braves – a three-game losing streak has given them five losses. There are four teams that only have five wins!
- Rockies – 11-1 vs. Padres, Brewers and Mets. 0-3 vs. Giants. Pretty telling early on.
- Red Sox – with all that has gone on this past week, they managed to keep pitching … and winning!
- Rangers – when you are getting pitching like they are, you don’t need Josh Hamilton.
- Giants – doing it with pitching and offense so far – they’re talented and experienced.
- Athletics – first AL team to score 100 runs. No one saw that coming.
4 stats -
- Travis Hafner and Vernon Wells each have five home runs. Brian Cashman looks like a genius.
- The Orioles have only gotten seven quality starts this season. Tied for 4th worst in MLB.
- Matt Harvey has been filthy. He’s 4-0 with a 0.93 ERA and he out-dueled Stephen Strasburg.
- Journeyman John Buck leads the bigs in RBIs with 22. His career-high is 66.
Bottom 3 -
- Marlins – 43 runs scored this season. The Angels scored 22 in a 3-game sweep over the Tigers.
- Astros – given up a league high 108 runs. That’s six runs per game.
- Padres – they only have five wins. A 3-game sweep over the Dodgers has been the lone bright spot.
Follow me on Twitter @MarkZinno