Zinno’s 6-4-3: MLB Round-Up
May 13, 2013 1:01 PM
Email: Zinno@1057thefan.com Mark has been with CBS Radio Baltimore...Read More
Orioles CentralShop Team Gear
Sports Fan Insider
Keep up with your favorite teams and athletes with daily updates.Sign Up
The weather is getting warmer and so are teams throughout the bigs! You’re starting to see some distance by the division leaders. Here is this week’s 6-4-3.
- Rangers – giving up the fewest runs in the AL and getting stronger each day. Already 6 games in the AL West.
- Cardinals – best pitching staff in the NL. The question throughout the summer is can they slow down the Reds offense that will be right on their tail.
- Yankees – Vernon Wells, Travis Hafner and Lyle Overbay have filled in amazingly for Granderson, Teixiera and Jeter.
- Giants – In case you haven’t noticed, Matt Cain isn’t even pitching that well. He’s just 2-2 with an 5.04 ERA.
- Orioles – They are clearly for real. The idea that last year was a fluke is gone. Now they just have to overtake the AL East.
- Red Sox – Slipping a little bit, but still pitching well and their line-up is very underrated.
- Since coming off the DL, David Ortiz has 25 hits in 19 games and an OPS of .984. At 37, he’s still pretty good!
- Time for my Matt Harvey “swoon stat” … his last 4 starts – 27.1 IP, 17H, 6 ER, 30K, 5 BB, 1.98 ERA … 4 no-decisions.
- After a 1-5 game on April 10th against Boston, Manny Machado’s average was .200. A little over a month later, he’s batting .331 including .396 in the month of May.
- Punchless offenses like the Astros, Twins, and Pirates all have scored more runs than the Angels (152) with names like Pujols, Hamilton, Trout and Trumbo.
- Astros – Almost climbed out of the cellar in their series with the Angels, but it’s secure once again.
- Marlins – How long before the trade Giancarlo Stanton?
- Angels – expectations are part of the reason they are here. Money can’t buy everything.
Follow me on Twitter! @MarkZinno