2 Hurt In Flash Fire At Beltsville Auto Shop

BELTSVILLE, Md. (AP) — Prince George’s fire officials say two workers were injured in a flash fire at an auto repair shop in Beltsville.

Prince George’s County Fire/EMS spokesman Mark Brady says the fire occurred about 2 p.m. Friday. He said a forklift was driven over a manhole that was venting natural gas from was appears to be a break in the underground line.

Four buildings with about 50 employees were evacuated as a precaution.

The injured workers were taken to a burn unit.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live