Camper Dies From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

CRESAPTOWN, Md. (AP) — The Allegany County Sheriff’s Department says a camper at the fairgrounds in Cresaptown has died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Deputies say 75-year-old William E. Miller of Windber, Pa., was pronounced dead Thursday morning at his RV. His wife, 76-year-old, Ruth L. Miller, was taken to a hospital in Cumberland.

Officials say the Millers started a gas generator near the rear of their RV shortly before going to sleep Wednesday night. Deputies say the generator was only several feet from the recreation vehicle, with its exhaust pointing toward the RV.

Officials say the couple fell asleep with the generator running, and exhaust fumes entered the RV.

The couple was discovered Thursday morning.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live