Reporting Meghan McCorkell
BALTIMORE COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A water main break on the 2300-block of Putty Hill Avenue in Parkville is causing a major problem.
Meghan McCorkell has more.
The break is at a 24-inch transmission water main. That means customers aren’t likely to be affected.
The break happened around 2:20 p.m. Tuesday and the water main was shut down around 5 p.m.
The pressure of the water moved a slab of concrete and a manhole several feet.
Baltimore County shut down the water main after a few hours, but the streets are still shut down.
“We’re sitting here; it looked like a cloud almost,” said an eyewitness.
Drivers are advised to avoid the area. Putty Hill Avenue is shut down from Perring Parkway to Hoerner Avenue.
DPW officials say if those in the area experience low water pressure to call them. Again, there aren’t expected to be any problems.
Cleanup is expected to be extensive.
Other Local News:
- Fire Kills Animals On Layaway For Christmas At Md. Pet Shop
- New Documents Reveal Government Storing Personal Info From Cell Phones
- Locals React To The Death Of Former South African President Nelson Mandela
- Washington Monument Lights Up Baltimore For The Holidays
- Family Of City Worker Killed Outside City Hall To Meet With State’s Attorney