OVERLEA, Md. (AP/WJZ) — Maryland State Police say a man was killed when the car he was driving crashed into another car and a tractor-trailer on the Baltimore Beltway.
It happened about 11:30 a.m. Monday on Interstate 695 at Bel Air Road in Overlea. Troopers say Rick Carl Eisenacher of Baltimore was involved in a crash with another car and a tractor-trailer.
Police say Eisenacher, 51, was trapped in his car. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The two other drivers refused medical treatment. The accident is under investigation.
Sky Eye Chopper 13 showed the tractor-trailer on top of a car.
Traffic was snarled for several hours in the area and was diverted at Route 43.
All lanes have since reopened.
Other Local News:
- Man Sentenced to 33 Years for Stabbing Girlfriend’s Ex
- Local Officials to Get Update on Silver Spring Apartment Explosion
- Police: Naked Man Interrupts Maryland Student’s Workout
- Family Grieves the Loss of 11-Year-Old Girl Killed In Crash
- Reocurring Issues at the Monument Continue Washington Woes
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)