SAVAGE, Md. (AP) — Howard County police say a box truck driver was killed when his vehicle rear-ended a tractor-trailer in Savage.
It happened about 1:35 p.m. Tuesday on Route 1 near Corridor Road.
Police say Robert Styers, 34, of Columbia was traveling north when a tractor-trailer truck was stopped or slowing in traffic.
Officers say Styers’ vehicle hit the tractor-trailer. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, 36-year-old Daniel Kitchen of Elkton, was taken to a hospital with injuries that do not appear to be life threatening.
The accident is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Teen Accused Of Killing Baltimore Co. Cop Arrested 4 Times In 6 Months
- Slain Baltimore Co. Officer Remembered For Saving Local Family’s Christmas
- Scientists Collect Female Mussels To Restore Population, Keep Waterways Clean
- $4 Safety Whistle Saves The Life Of Stranded Md. Kayaker
- D.C. Teacher Inspires Students With Field Trip To His Graduation In Baltimore