Driver Killed When Box Truck Rear-Ends Tractor Trailer
Get Breaking News First
SAVAGE, Md. (AP) — Howard County police say a box truck driver was killed when his vehicle rear-ended a tractor-trailer in Savage.
It happened about 1:35 p.m. Tuesday on Route 1 near Corridor Road.
Police say Robert Styers, 34, of Columbia was traveling north when a tractor-trailer truck was stopped or slowing in traffic.
Officers say Styers’ vehicle hit the tractor-trailer. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, 36-year-old Daniel Kitchen of Elkton, was taken to a hospital with injuries that do not appear to be life threatening.
The accident is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Essex Toddler In Fair Condition After Violent Attack By Family Pit Bull
- Frederick County Bans All Outdoor Burning In Wake Of Fire Weather Watch
- Police ID Elderly Man Found Dead In His Home With Multiple Stab Wounds
- Police Search For Suspect In Hanover Red Roof Inn Robbery
- Baltimore County Snow Day Waiver Granted