SAVAGE, Md. (AP) — Howard County police say a box truck driver was killed when his vehicle rear-ended a tractor-trailer in Savage.
It happened about 1:35 p.m. Tuesday on Route 1 near Corridor Road.
Police say Robert Styers, 34, of Columbia was traveling north when a tractor-trailer truck was stopped or slowing in traffic.
Officers say Styers’ vehicle hit the tractor-trailer. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, 36-year-old Daniel Kitchen of Elkton, was taken to a hospital with injuries that do not appear to be life threatening.
The accident is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Police: Man Who Allegedly Killed 3 Co-workers Captured After Hours-Long Manhunt
- Baltimore Sends Proposal To Become Home Of Amazon’s HQ2
- Edgewood Business Mourning ‘The Loss Of Our Friends’ After Shooting
- Maryland Business Park Shooting Suspect Fired From Earlier Job
- 2 Anne Arundel Co. Police Cruisers Collide While Responding To Call