Driver Killed When Box Truck Rear-Ends Tractor Trailer
Get Breaking News First
SAVAGE, Md. (AP) — Howard County police say a box truck driver was killed when his vehicle rear-ended a tractor-trailer in Savage.
It happened about 1:35 p.m. Tuesday on Route 1 near Corridor Road.
Police say Robert Styers, 34, of Columbia was traveling north when a tractor-trailer truck was stopped or slowing in traffic.
Officers say Styers’ vehicle hit the tractor-trailer. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, 36-year-old Daniel Kitchen of Elkton, was taken to a hospital with injuries that do not appear to be life threatening.
The accident is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Possible Police-Involved Shooting Under Investigation In East Baltimore
- Crews On Scene Of 3-Alarm Fire At Dundalk Paper Warehouse
- Man Shoots Wife In Randallstown, Flees To Baltimore City & Shoots Himself In Head
- Residents Displaced After Odenton Apartment Fire Burglarized
- Father In Amber Alert Returned To Md. To Face Murder Charges