Driver Killed When Box Truck Rear-Ends Tractor Trailer
Get Breaking News First
SAVAGE, Md. (AP) — Howard County police say a box truck driver was killed when his vehicle rear-ended a tractor-trailer in Savage.
It happened about 1:35 p.m. Tuesday on Route 1 near Corridor Road.
Police say Robert Styers, 34, of Columbia was traveling north when a tractor-trailer truck was stopped or slowing in traffic.
Officers say Styers’ vehicle hit the tractor-trailer. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, 36-year-old Daniel Kitchen of Elkton, was taken to a hospital with injuries that do not appear to be life threatening.
The accident is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Surveillance Captures Person Of Interest In Safeway Parking Lot Carjacking
- Towson Teacher Injured In Boston Marathon Returns One Year After Bombings
- Ex-Honors Student From Md. Sentenced To 5 Years In Jihadist Terror Plot
- 72-Year-Old Man Dead, Another Injured In Salisbury Home Invasion
- FBI Offers $10,000 For Leads In A 2012 Laurel Wal-Mart Robbery