Girl, 7, In Critical Condition After Being Struck By Mother’s SUV
POTOMAC, Md. (AP) — Montgomery County police say a 7-year-old girl is in critical condition after being struck by her mother’s SUV in the driveway.
Police say it happened Sunday night in Potomac, where officers found the unresponsive child in the driveway of her home.
Police say the girl’s mother, Wenhua Song, was leaving for the grocery store when her sport utility vehicle somehow struck her child, identified as 7-year-old Xitong Kong, in the driveway.
The girl was taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital with life threatening injuries and remains in critical condition.
The circumstances remain under investigation.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Attorneys For Officers Charged In Freddie Gray Case Seeking Change Of Venue
- Study: Summer Months Spark Increase In Fatal Accidents Involving Teens
- Commissioner Batts Apologizes To His Officers After Riots
- Recovery Teams Searching For Missing Boater Near Harford-Cecil Line
- Woman Adopts Harford County Teen Who Killed Father