BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Spinning for a cure. Family, friends and exercise enthusiasts spent the day peddling.
The group biked at Bare Hills Racquet and Fitness Club to raise money for Karma for Cara Foundation.
It helps families of people with cancer.
The foundation was started by Cara Becker, who died last December from leukemia.
Her family says this event honors her memory.
“We saw how much suffering there was in the hospital,” said Eric Becker, Cara’s father. “The families were struggling, and we actually organized blood drives and events while Cara was being treated. One of the things that warms my heart as a dad is how she still had the capacity to want to help others even when she herself needed help.”
Participants biked all day, starting at 8 a.m. Saturday and ending 8 p.m. Saturday.
Bikers could do individual races or relays.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Police Respond To Report Of Secret Aerial Surveillance Program
- Police: 2 More Baltimore Cop Impersonators Arrested
- Homicide Unit Investigating After Decomposing Body Found In Rosedale Home
- Report: Doctors in Sex Abuse Cases Often Not Disciplined
- Maryland PARCC Scores Show Slight Improvement In Math