Spinning For A Cure: 12 Hours Of Biking Benefits Local Cancer Foundation
CBS Baltimore (con't)
Affordable Care Act Updates:
Health News & Information:
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Spinning for a cure. Family, friends and exercise enthusiasts spent the day peddling.
The group biked at Bare Hills Racquet and Fitness Club to raise money for Karma for Cara Foundation.
It helps families of people with cancer.
The foundation was started by Cara Becker, who died last December from leukemia.
Her family says this event honors her memory.
“We saw how much suffering there was in the hospital,” said Eric Becker, Cara’s father. “The families were struggling, and we actually organized blood drives and events while Cara was being treated. One of the things that warms my heart as a dad is how she still had the capacity to want to help others even when she herself needed help.”
Participants biked all day, starting at 8 a.m. Saturday and ending 8 p.m. Saturday.
Bikers could do individual races or relays.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore City Leaders Discuss How To Cut Violence Claiming Young Lives
- Md. Native & Former Voice Of Elmo Cleared Of 3 Child Sexual Abuse Charges
- Officer Injured In Police-involved Crash In East Baltimore
- Md. Man Held In Cuban Prison Says He Will Leave This Year– Dead Or Alive
- Raise Your Glass For The 11th Annual Highlandtown Wine Festival