BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Spinning for a cure. Family, friends and exercise enthusiasts spent the day peddling.
The group biked at Bare Hills Racquet and Fitness Club to raise money for Karma for Cara Foundation.
It helps families of people with cancer.
The foundation was started by Cara Becker, who died last December from leukemia.
Her family says this event honors her memory.
“We saw how much suffering there was in the hospital,” said Eric Becker, Cara’s father. “The families were struggling, and we actually organized blood drives and events while Cara was being treated. One of the things that warms my heart as a dad is how she still had the capacity to want to help others even when she herself needed help.”
Participants biked all day, starting at 8 a.m. Saturday and ending 8 p.m. Saturday.
Bikers could do individual races or relays.
Other Local News:
- FBI On High Alert As Sexual Assaults Aboard Planes Soar
- At Least 1 Injured In Construction Accident In Baltimore
- Treatment Center For Homeless Vets Receives Donation From Amazon
- UMD Football Player Who Unexpectedly Passed Remembered As ‘Someone No One Will Ever Forget’
- Hogan Appoints Stanek To Chair Public Service Commission