BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Spinning for a cure. Family, friends and exercise enthusiasts spent the day peddling.
The group biked at Bare Hills Racquet and Fitness Club to raise money for Karma for Cara Foundation.
It helps families of people with cancer.
The foundation was started by Cara Becker, who died last December from leukemia.
Her family says this event honors her memory.
“We saw how much suffering there was in the hospital,” said Eric Becker, Cara’s father. “The families were struggling, and we actually organized blood drives and events while Cara was being treated. One of the things that warms my heart as a dad is how she still had the capacity to want to help others even when she herself needed help.”
Participants biked all day, starting at 8 a.m. Saturday and ending 8 p.m. Saturday.
Bikers could do individual races or relays.
Other Local News:
- Sale Sought Of Landmark Mansion, Overlooks Susquehanna River
- Police Investigating After 17-Year-Old Shot In Annapolis
- Baltimore Police Identify Suspects In Bartender Homicide
- Serena Williams Reportedly Marries Fiance, Who Has Md. Ties, In New Orleans
- New Details Emerge In Investigation Of Slain Detective, Manhunt Still Underway For Shooter