GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—A toddler is hospitalized after a neighbor’s dog bit off a portion of his nose.
It happened Saturday in the 200-block of Glen Road in Glen Burnie.
The dog, a lab/terrier mix, was confined in his own yard at the time of the incident.
Police say the 3-year-old boy may have put his face under the fence through a hole and was then bitten.
The child was taken to Johns Hopkins Pediatrics Trauma in Baltimore.
The owners of the dog turned it over to Animal Control, which will investigate the incident.
Fire department personnel recovered the portion of the boy’s nose that had been bitten off and took it to the hospital.
Other Local News:
- Parts Of Md. Already Getting Snow; Sleet & Freezing Rain On Its Way
- No Lines For Dozens Of Students As They ‘Shop With A Cop’ For The Holidays
- Emergency Crews Ready For Action As Winter Weather Rolls Into Md.
- MARC Launches Largest Expansion Of Rail Service In More Than A Decade
- UPS Truck Catches Fire In Landover, Md.