PERRYVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Maryland State Police are investigating a crash that killed a driver police were pursuing in Perryville.
An investigation found officers from the Elkton Police Department attempted to stop a Honda for speeding early Thursday morning along westbound US Route 40.
Police say the Honda’s driver didn’t stop and continued along Route 40.
Elkton Police continued to pursue the vehicle, but then were assisted by the North East Police Department and the Cecil County Sheriff’s Department.
The Honda rear-ended a tractor-trailer on westbound US Route 40 just before Jackson Station Road. The driver was killed. The identity of the driver was not released.
Other Local News:
- Crash Kills Two On Route 50 In Annapolis
- Trump Tweets: Transgender People Won’t Be Allowed To Serve In Military
- Amazon Goes On Hiring Spree, Will Hold Job Fair At Baltimore Warehouse
- State of Maryland Reaches Settlement In Tyrone West Death Lawsuit
- Emergency Services Director: Kent Island Tornado Looks ‘Like Somebody Steered It… Away From Homes’