PERRYVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Maryland State Police are investigating a crash that killed a driver police were pursuing in Perryville.
An investigation found officers from the Elkton Police Department attempted to stop a Honda for speeding early Thursday morning along westbound US Route 40.
Police say the Honda’s driver didn’t stop and continued along Route 40.
Elkton Police continued to pursue the vehicle, but then were assisted by the North East Police Department and the Cecil County Sheriff’s Department.
The Honda rear-ended a tractor-trailer on westbound US Route 40 just before Jackson Station Road. The driver was killed. The identity of the driver was not released.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Police Attempt To Identify Burglary Suspect
- AAA Projects Highest No. Of Md. Drivers For Memorial Day Weekend In A Decade Plus
- Baltimore Police Investigate ATF Agent-Involved Shooting
- Federal Judge Tosses Out Life Sentences For DC Sniper Malvo
- Baltimore Police Arrest Man For Killing A Woman Last Month