PERRYVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Maryland State Police are investigating a crash that killed a driver police were pursuing in Perryville.
An investigation found officers from the Elkton Police Department attempted to stop a Honda for speeding early Thursday morning along westbound US Route 40.
Police say the Honda’s driver didn’t stop and continued along Route 40.
Elkton Police continued to pursue the vehicle, but then were assisted by the North East Police Department and the Cecil County Sheriff’s Department.
The Honda rear-ended a tractor-trailer on westbound US Route 40 just before Jackson Station Road. The driver was killed. The identity of the driver was not released.
Other Local News:
- Orioles VP John Angelos Says He Doesn’t Want Trump Throwing First Pitch
- Richie Recovering From Procedure, Postpones Tour With Carey
- Police Officer Shoots Suspect After Nearly Getting Hit By Car
- Medical Alert: Eyestrain Common for Kids Staring at Screens Too Long
- Anne Arundel Co. Police Investigate Fatal Hit-And-Run In Odenton