PERRYVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Maryland State Police are investigating a crash that killed a driver police were pursuing in Perryville.
An investigation found officers from the Elkton Police Department attempted to stop a Honda for speeding early Thursday morning along westbound US Route 40.
Police say the Honda’s driver didn’t stop and continued along Route 40.
Elkton Police continued to pursue the vehicle, but then were assisted by the North East Police Department and the Cecil County Sheriff’s Department.
The Honda rear-ended a tractor-trailer on westbound US Route 40 just before Jackson Station Road. The driver was killed. The identity of the driver was not released.
Other Local News:
- Wind Chill Advisory In Effect: Big Chill Brings Single Digit Temps
- Sons Of Fallen Deputy Release Statement To The Public
- School Volunteer Victimized 16 People Including Child At Church
- VIDEO: Maryland Bundles Up As Big Chill Brings Sub-Zero Temps
- 2 Men Charged With Burglary, Assaulting 83-Year-Old Woman