PERRYVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Maryland State Police are investigating a crash that killed a driver police were pursuing in Perryville.
An investigation found officers from the Elkton Police Department attempted to stop a Honda for speeding early Thursday morning along westbound US Route 40.
Police say the Honda’s driver didn’t stop and continued along Route 40.
Elkton Police continued to pursue the vehicle, but then were assisted by the North East Police Department and the Cecil County Sheriff’s Department.
The Honda rear-ended a tractor-trailer on westbound US Route 40 just before Jackson Station Road. The driver was killed. The identity of the driver was not released.
Other Local News:
- Students Preparing For ‘March For Our Lives’ Protests In Baltimore, D.C.
- Pedestrian Struck, ‘Possibly Intentionally,’ In Downtown Baltimore
- Md. Students Showcase Bridge Projects For National Civil Engineering Competition
- 3rd US Senator Endorses Ben Jealous For Md. Governor
- Carroll County Putting Deputies At Schools Following Shootings