Driver Killed In Crash With Tractor-Trailer During Police Pursuit
PERRYVILLE, Md. (WJZ) – Maryland State Police are investigating a crash that killed a driver police were pursuing in Perryville.
An investigation found officers from the Elkton Police Department attempted to stop a Honda for speeding early Thursday morning along westbound US Route 40.
Police say the Honda’s driver didn’t stop and continued along Route 40.
Elkton Police continued to pursue the vehicle, but then were assisted by the North East Police Department and the Cecil County Sheriff’s Department.
The Honda rear-ended a tractor-trailer on westbound US Route 40 just before Jackson Station Road. The driver was killed. The identity of the driver was not released.
Other Local News:
- St. Patrick’s Day Snow Makes For Slippery Morning Commute
- WJZ Speaks To Man Accused Of Shooting Baltimore City Officer
- Crews Out Again Clearing Area Roads In What Is Hopefully Winter’s Last Blast
- Baltimore Archdiocese Holds Event To Mark Pope Francis’ First Anniversary
- Some Want Bay Bridge To Have Only Electronic Tolls