ESSEX, Md. (WJZ) — One man is dead, two others are hurt after a fishing boat overturns in Baltimore County.
It happened about 300 yards from Cox Point Fishing Pier in Essex.
A bystander saw the men struggling and jumped into action.
He rescued two men in his own boat.
Fire crews were eventually able to remove the third man from the water.
James Bills, 24, was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
The other two fishermen are now being treated at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center.
The water was about 65 degrees at the time of the accident.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Authorities Identify Human Remains Of Girl Found In Maryland
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Consider Charlottesville Event Act Of Terrorism
- Taney Statue In Annapolis To Be Removed After Almost 150 Years
- Parts Of Dulles Airport Evacuated Due To Suspicious Van
- Md. Couple Arrested For Attempted Murder And Robbery; Lured Victims With Prostitution