1 Dead, 2 Hurt After Fishing Boat Overturns In Essex
ESSEX, Md. (WJZ) — One man is dead, two others are hurt after a fishing boat overturns in Baltimore County.
It happened about 300 yards from Cox Point Fishing Pier in Essex.
A bystander saw the men struggling and jumped into action.
He rescued two men in his own boat.
Fire crews were eventually able to remove the third man from the water.
James Bills, 24, was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
The other two fishermen are now being treated at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center.
The water was about 65 degrees at the time of the accident.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Ray Rice Pleading For 2nd Chance In NFL: ‘I’m A Rehabilitated Man’
- Baltimore Police Solving Disturbingly Low Number Of The City’s Murders
- Md. Lawmaker Focus Of Major Media Campaign On Iran Nuclear Deal
- Rep. Cummings: ‘Black Lives Have To Matter To Black People’
- Howard Co. Home Catches Fire After Lightning Strike