1 Dead, 2 Hurt After Fishing Boat Overturns In Essex
ESSEX, Md. (WJZ) — One man is dead, two others are hurt after a fishing boat overturns in Baltimore County.
It happened about 300 yards from Cox Point Fishing Pier in Essex.
A bystander saw the men struggling and jumped into action.
He rescued two men in his own boat.
Fire crews were eventually able to remove the third man from the water.
James Bills, 24, was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
The other two fishermen are now being treated at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center.
The water was about 65 degrees at the time of the accident.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Carroll, Frederick Counties
- Ohio Rabbi Extradited For Alleged Sexual Abuse Of Md. Girl
- Md. Episcopal Diocese Asking For Bishop To Resign After Fatal Hit-And-Run
- Electrical Failure Near Christmas Tree Caused Annapolis Mansion Fire
- Heater To Blame For Deadly Baltimore Fire That Took Toddler’s Life