1 Dead, 2 Hurt After Fishing Boat Overturns In Essex
Get Breaking News First
ESSEX, Md. (WJZ) — One man is dead, two others are hurt after a fishing boat overturns in Baltimore County.
It happened about 300 yards from Cox Point Fishing Pier in Essex.
A bystander saw the men struggling and jumped into action.
He rescued two men in his own boat.
Fire crews were eventually able to remove the third man from the water.
James Bills, 24, was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
The other two fishermen are now being treated at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center.
The water was about 65 degrees at the time of the accident.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Dulles Stepping Up Screenings To Keep Ebola Out Of The U.S.
- City Police Trying To Expand Eyes On The Streets With New Program
- Hillary Clinton Rallies Voters For Anthony Brown In College Park
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With $90K Bribery Scheme, Money Laundering
- Man Struck In Annapolis Taken To Hospital With Serious Injuries