EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A collision involving three vehicles turned fatal in Edgewood on Wednesday.
It happened just after 6:15 a.m. on eastbound Route 40 at West Shore Road.
Police say a 2001 Chevrolet van—driven by Billy Joe Yingling of Conowingo, Md.–was driving eastbound when it struck a 1999 Mack truck–driven by William Anthony Brooks—as Brooks attempted to make a left turn. A 2013 Ford pickup then rear ended the Chevrolet van, leaving the roadway and overturning the van.
Yingling, 38, died from injuries sustained in the collision.
Alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor in the investigation.
Other Local News:
- Police Searching For Man Who Stabbed Passenger In Road Rage Incident
- Liquor Board Official Pleads Guilty To Bribery In Maryland
- Widow Of Workplace Shooting Victim Says He Feared Co-Worker
- Report: Baltimore City Council President Says Officers ‘Raping The City’ By Not Living In Baltimore
- Police Seek Suspects Who Used Stun Gun To Rob Man Outside Pharmacy