1 Person Dead After 3-Car Crash On Route 40 In Edgewood
Get Breaking News First
EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A collision involving three vehicles turned fatal in Edgewood on Wednesday.
It happened just after 6:15 a.m. on eastbound Route 40 at West Shore Road.
Police say a 2001 Chevrolet van—driven by Billy Joe Yingling of Conowingo, Md.–was driving eastbound when it struck a 1999 Mack truck–driven by William Anthony Brooks—as Brooks attempted to make a left turn. A 2013 Ford pickup then rear ended the Chevrolet van, leaving the roadway and overturning the van.
Yingling, 38, died from injuries sustained in the collision.
Alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor in the investigation.
Other Local News:
- Man Arrested In Connection With Rosedale Double Fatal Stabbing
- At Least 3 Montgomery Co. Students Confirmed To Have Whooping Cough
- Coworker Found Disturbing Images That Launched Dr. Levy Investigation
- Quilt Shares The Stories Of Survivors Of Sexual Assault
- 2 Men Wanted In Connection With Severn Stabbing