EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A collision involving three vehicles turned fatal in Edgewood on Wednesday.
It happened just after 6:15 a.m. on eastbound Route 40 at West Shore Road.
Police say a 2001 Chevrolet van—driven by Billy Joe Yingling of Conowingo, Md.–was driving eastbound when it struck a 1999 Mack truck–driven by William Anthony Brooks—as Brooks attempted to make a left turn. A 2013 Ford pickup then rear ended the Chevrolet van, leaving the roadway and overturning the van.
Yingling, 38, died from injuries sustained in the collision.
Alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor in the investigation.
Other Local News:
- Md. School Shooting: Shooter Dead At Great Mills High School, 2 Others Injured
- 2nd Day Of Spring Could Bring Most Significant Snow Of ‘Winter’ For Central Md.
- Prayer Vigil Held After Md. School Shooting
- Baltimore Hospital Cited Over Woman Left In Cold In Hospital Gown
- Md. Bill Would Increase Texting While Driving Fine To $500