EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A collision involving three vehicles turned fatal in Edgewood on Wednesday.
It happened just after 6:15 a.m. on eastbound Route 40 at West Shore Road.
Police say a 2001 Chevrolet van—driven by Billy Joe Yingling of Conowingo, Md.–was driving eastbound when it struck a 1999 Mack truck–driven by William Anthony Brooks—as Brooks attempted to make a left turn. A 2013 Ford pickup then rear ended the Chevrolet van, leaving the roadway and overturning the van.
Yingling, 38, died from injuries sustained in the collision.
Alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor in the investigation.
Other Local News:
- $5 Million Study Set for New Chesapeake Bay Crossing
- Guilty Plea For Parkville Man Who Videotaped Young Girls At Swim Meets
- USDA to Reopen Offices Closed After Email Threats
- First Warning WX: Hurricane Watch In Effect As Tropical Depression Nears Florida Gulf
- ‘Preservation Resource Center’ Aims to Assist Ellicott City Flood Victims