EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A collision involving three vehicles turned fatal in Edgewood on Wednesday.
It happened just after 6:15 a.m. on eastbound Route 40 at West Shore Road.
Police say a 2001 Chevrolet van—driven by Billy Joe Yingling of Conowingo, Md.–was driving eastbound when it struck a 1999 Mack truck–driven by William Anthony Brooks—as Brooks attempted to make a left turn. A 2013 Ford pickup then rear ended the Chevrolet van, leaving the roadway and overturning the van.
Yingling, 38, died from injuries sustained in the collision.
Alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor in the investigation.
Other Local News:
- FIRST WARNING WX: Bonnie Weakens to Tropical Depression; Flood Watch Issued For Parts Of Md.
- Authorities Investigating Near Drowning of 9-Year-Old Girl In Baltimore
- Jolly Rogers An Integral Part Of Ocean City’s Appeal
- Church Community Outraged After Pastor Is Gunned Down In Baltimore
- Police: DC Man Charged With Sexually Abusing Teen At Mall