EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A collision involving three vehicles turned fatal in Edgewood on Wednesday.
It happened just after 6:15 a.m. on eastbound Route 40 at West Shore Road.
Police say a 2001 Chevrolet van—driven by Billy Joe Yingling of Conowingo, Md.–was driving eastbound when it struck a 1999 Mack truck–driven by William Anthony Brooks—as Brooks attempted to make a left turn. A 2013 Ford pickup then rear ended the Chevrolet van, leaving the roadway and overturning the van.
Yingling, 38, died from injuries sustained in the collision.
Alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor in the investigation.
Other Local News:
- Confederate Names At Naval Academy Could Face Rough Seas
- Special Stench: Corpse Flowers Blooming At U.S. Botanic Garden
- Baltimore Mayor, Commissioner Discuss Crime Plan Amid Record-Shattering Violence
- City Unveils 1st 21st Century Baltimore City Public School
- Lotto Fever In Maryland As Powerball Jackpot Swells To $700M