1 Person Dead After 3-Car Crash On Route 40 In Edgewood
Get Breaking News First
EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ)—A collision involving three vehicles turned fatal in Edgewood on Wednesday.
It happened just after 6:15 a.m. on eastbound Route 40 at West Shore Road.
Police say a 2001 Chevrolet van—driven by Billy Joe Yingling of Conowingo, Md.–was driving eastbound when it struck a 1999 Mack truck–driven by William Anthony Brooks—as Brooks attempted to make a left turn. A 2013 Ford pickup then rear ended the Chevrolet van, leaving the roadway and overturning the van.
Yingling, 38, died from injuries sustained in the collision.
Alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor in the investigation.
Other Local News:
- Coworker Charged In Beating Death Of Brooklyn Park Popeyes Employee
- Baltimore Man Charged In Stabbing Death Of 9-Months Pregnant Girlfriend In Rosedale
- Alaska Airlines Adds Baltimore Flights To Seattle
- Missing Rockville Woman Found Safe, Unharmed
- 15-Year-Old Girl Reported Missing From Potomac Found Safe