ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A surprising sentence for an Anne Arundel County man who dragged a police officer with his car while trying to avoid arrest.
Brian Hafer, 18, will serve three weekends in jail.
After that, he’ll be on probation for three years.
According to the Capital Gazette, the judge was reportedly lenient in his sentencing because of Hafer’s age and because he had no previous run-ins with the law.
Other Local News:
- Police: Md. High School Student’s Diary Reveals Mass Shooting Plot
- Trump Administration Pushed to Speak Out Against Hate Crimes
- Only A Few Seconds Of Body Cam Footage In Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting Released
- Local Breweries Rally Against Legislation Affecting Taproom Hours
- Baltimore Police Find Guardians of 2 Young Boys