ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — A surprising sentence for an Anne Arundel County man who dragged a police officer with his car while trying to avoid arrest.
Brian Hafer, 18, will serve three weekends in jail.
After that, he’ll be on probation for three years.
According to the Capital Gazette, the judge was reportedly lenient in his sentencing because of Hafer’s age and because he had no previous run-ins with the law.
Other Local News:
- How Federal Workforce Hiring Freeze Will Impact Marylanders
- Police Search For ‘Armed & Dangerous’ Suspect In School Bus Stop Shooting
- The State’s Uphill Battle Against Heroin Addiction
- More Older Women Can Still Get Cervical Cancer, Hopkins Study Finds
- UMD Professor Building Network For ‘Inevitably Fired’ Govt. Scientists