Guests Relocated After Fire At Western Md. Hotel

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) — Dozens of guests at a western Maryland hotel had to be relocated after a fire broke out inside the building.

The blaze started Friday evening at a Holiday Inn Express on Railway Lane in Hagerstown.

The Hagerstown Herald-Mail says the fire originated in the first-floor hallway ceiling in a heating and air-conditioning unit. No one was injured.

Halfway Fire Co. Assistant Chief Wesley Loveless says officials determined that power could not be restored to the hotel on Friday night. The guests, some in town to run an ultramarathon on Saturday, were relocated to the nearby Ramada Plaza but were allowed to go back to their rooms to get their belongings.

He says there were about 120 guests in the hotel.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live