ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ)–Annapolis police search for a suspect after a recent string of burglaries. Five businesses were struck over the course of just two days.
Linh Bui has details on the crime spree.
Annapolis police believe one man is responsible for all five brazen burglaries.
“They all appeared to be the same M.O. With doors smashed, a quick run into the business, grabbing cash drawers or money that was easily reached then running back out,” said Corporal Amy Miguez, Annapolis Police Department.
The burglaries happened around West Street and Solomons Island Road.
On the night of Nov. 23, four businesses were broken into within minutes of each other: a Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Insane Car Audio and McCormick paints. The day before, another burglary was reported at Jerry’s Subs and Pizza.
Police say all five incidents are connected, committed by the same person.
“We don’t want to see anyone over here go through that situation. We expect to be safe all the time,” said Raghu Kumar, business owner.
Kumar owns an Indian restaurant in the area and says the crime spree makes him nervous.
He’s now considering installing security cameras.
“I just hope that all of us are protected and safe. That’s how we look at Annapolis, being a safe place,” Kumar said.
Anyone with information about the burglaries should contact the Annapolis Police Department.
Other Local News:
- Governor Hogan Proposes $28M For Schools For State Budget, $23M For City Schools
- DC Police Responds To Outcry Following Reports Of Missing Black Girls
- Opioid Epidemic Stronger, More Destructive, Taking Toll On Md. Families
- TSA Reports An Increase Of Guns At Airport Security Checkpoints
- Public Viewings Being Held For Cardinal William Keeler