GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) — Montgomery County Police say a teacher accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old autistic student has fled to Hong Kong to avoid prosecution.
Police said Tuesday that Yee Tak Sharon Kui, who taught at the Frost School in Wheaton, engaged in illicit sexual contact with the boy at his Silver Spring home last month while his parents were away.
Police say they obtained an arrest warrant for the Rockville woman charging her with third-degree sex offense and other crimes. But they’ve since learned that she’s fled the country.
Police are holding a news conference Tuesday afternoon to discuss their pursuit. Police say the boy’s family will also be there.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Daughter Of Legendary Jazz Musician Educating Baltimore Youth For More Than 50 Years
- Md. Schools On Edge In Wake Of Deadly Florida School Shooting
- Gov. Hogan Gives Update On 2018 Legislative Session At The Halfway Point
- Baltimore Nonprofit Therapy Dog Organization Needs More Volunteers
- Students Forced To Walk Miles To School Following Baltimore Subway Shutdown