Police: Md. Teacher Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Autistic Student Flees To Hong Kong
Get Breaking News First
GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) — Montgomery County Police say a teacher accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old autistic student has fled to Hong Kong to avoid prosecution.
Police said Tuesday that Yee Tak Sharon Kui, who taught at the Frost School in Wheaton, engaged in illicit sexual contact with the boy at his Silver Spring home last month while his parents were away.
Police say they obtained an arrest warrant for the Rockville woman charging her with third-degree sex offense and other crimes. But they’ve since learned that she’s fled the country.
Police are holding a news conference Tuesday afternoon to discuss their pursuit. Police say the boy’s family will also be there.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- 17-Year-Old Boy Faces Child Porn Charges After Posting Explicit Pictures On Instagram
- Dem O’s Are Causing Playoff Fever, Hon!
- Family: Did Police Play A Role In Son’s Death?
- Police: Man Robbed And Stabbed By Group Of Teenagers In Baltimore City
- Horseshoe Casino Opens Soon; Residents Already Dreading Traffic