GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) — Montgomery County Police say a teacher accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old autistic student has fled to Hong Kong to avoid prosecution.
Police said Tuesday that Yee Tak Sharon Kui, who taught at the Frost School in Wheaton, engaged in illicit sexual contact with the boy at his Silver Spring home last month while his parents were away.
Police say they obtained an arrest warrant for the Rockville woman charging her with third-degree sex offense and other crimes. But they’ve since learned that she’s fled the country.
Police are holding a news conference Tuesday afternoon to discuss their pursuit. Police say the boy’s family will also be there.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Police: Man Who Allegedly Killed 3 Co-workers Captured After Hours-Long Manhunt
- Baltimore Sends Proposal To Become Home Of Amazon’s HQ2
- Edgewood Business Mourning ‘The Loss Of Our Friends’ After Shooting
- Maryland Business Park Shooting Suspect Fired From Earlier Job
- 2 Anne Arundel Co. Police Cruisers Collide While Responding To Call