GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) — Montgomery County Police say a teacher accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old autistic student has fled to Hong Kong to avoid prosecution.
Police said Tuesday that Yee Tak Sharon Kui, who taught at the Frost School in Wheaton, engaged in illicit sexual contact with the boy at his Silver Spring home last month while his parents were away.
Police say they obtained an arrest warrant for the Rockville woman charging her with third-degree sex offense and other crimes. But they’ve since learned that she’s fled the country.
Police are holding a news conference Tuesday afternoon to discuss their pursuit. Police say the boy’s family will also be there.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Former Ravens Receiver Recovers After Historic Louisiana Flood
- Black Caucus Chair To Meet With Md. Gov. Larry Hogan On Medical Marijuana
- National Park Service Creates ‘Living Emblem’ To Honor 100 Years of National Parks
- 6th Person Killed in Apartment Explosion Identified
- Baltimore County To Close 37 Schools Friday Due To New AC Policy