BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The weather is in the midst of a huge change.
Meteorologist Chelsea Ingram reports.
After going into the 60s on Thursday, Friday’s temperatures keep dropping amid a cold front.
Right now, it’s raining and in the mid-40s. The rain is expected to continue through the night.
Then, the weather is expected to get dicey on Sunday.
A Winter Storm Watch will go into effect for most of Maryland Sunday morning. Snow and sleet will change over to all freezing rain Sunday afternoon, lasting through Monday morning before changing to rain Monday afternoon.
The metro area is expecting an icy mix.
Here’s a breakdown:
On Sunday morning, snow will mix with sleet for the I-95 corridor. Accumulations of 1-3 inches are expected.
The precipitation will change to rain Sunday night into Monday morning.
North and west of the city, there could be more icing.
Accumulations & Temperatures:
We could see as much as 1-3″ of snow in the I-95 corridor, with freezing rain on top of it.
Ice could be a problem.
Temperatures are expected to be right above freezing.
Other Local News:
- BPD: City Councilwoman Attacked In South Baltimore Parking Garage
- Teen In Bowers Case Found Not Guilty 1st-Degree Premeditated Murder
- Search Continues For Gunman In Deadly N.W. Baltimore Shooting
- Baltimore Postal Facility Fined Over Leaked Medical Waste
- Officials Announce Plan To Rebuild Lexington Market