Woman Dies After Being Hit & Trapped Under Circulator Bus In Baltimore
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ/AP) — Baltimore City Police say a 50-year-old woman is dead after she was apparently hit by a “Charm City Circulator” bus in Baltimore.
Police spokesman Det. Jeremy Silbert says police were called to the 1800-block of East Monument Street around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday for a report of an incident involving the bus.
The woman, a pedestrian, was trapped under the bus and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are still trying to piece together what happened by interviewing witnesses, including passengers on the bus. They’ll also be looking for any surveillance video that captured the accident.
Editor’s Note: Investigators have determined this incident was a suicide. They say the bus driver was not at fault and weather did not play a role in the incident.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Surveillance Captures Person Of Interest In Safeway Parking Lot Carjacking
- Towson Teacher Injured In Boston Marathon Returns One Year After Bombings
- Ex-Honors Student From Md. Sentenced To 5 Years In Jihadist Terror Plot
- 72-Year-Old Man Dead, Another Injured In Salisbury Home Invasion
- FBI Offers $10,000 For Leads In A 2012 Laurel Wal-Mart Robbery