BALTIMORE (WJZ/AP) — Baltimore City Police say a 50-year-old woman is dead after she was apparently hit by a “Charm City Circulator” bus in Baltimore.
Police spokesman Det. Jeremy Silbert says police were called to the 1800-block of East Monument Street around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday for a report of an incident involving the bus.
The woman, a pedestrian, was trapped under the bus and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are still trying to piece together what happened by interviewing witnesses, including passengers on the bus. They’ll also be looking for any surveillance video that captured the accident.
Editor’s Note: Investigators have determined this incident was a suicide. They say the bus driver was not at fault and weather did not play a role in the incident.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Dog, Cat, Rabbit Die In Mobile Home Fire
- Ravens Safety Matt Elam Arrested On Drug Charges
- Harsh Wind, Rain, Hail Storms Make Way Through Maryland
- Baltimore’s ‘Dirty Jobs’ Host Mike Rowe Attends Job Development Gala
- Multi-Million Dollar Expansion For Baltimore Port