Woman Dies After Being Hit & Trapped Under Circulator Bus In Baltimore
BALTIMORE (WJZ/AP) — Baltimore City Police say a 50-year-old woman is dead after she was apparently hit by a “Charm City Circulator” bus in Baltimore.
Police spokesman Det. Jeremy Silbert says police were called to the 1800-block of East Monument Street around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday for a report of an incident involving the bus.
The woman, a pedestrian, was trapped under the bus and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are still trying to piece together what happened by interviewing witnesses, including passengers on the bus. They’ll also be looking for any surveillance video that captured the accident.
Editor’s Note: Investigators have determined this incident was a suicide. They say the bus driver was not at fault and weather did not play a role in the incident.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- 2 Baltimore County Firefighters Accused Of Sexual Misconduct
- Metro Releases New Safety Videos In Wake Of Fatal Smoke Incident
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Leaves Prison, Reports To Baltimore Halfway House
- Former Md. Platoon Mate Glad Bergdahl Charged With Military Crimes
- Powdered Alcohol Stirring Up Controversy In Md.