BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Now might be a good time to buy your Mega Millions ticket.
With no one winning Wednesday night’s jackpot, Friday night’s potential winnings are up to $400 million.
That’s the fifth largest jackpot in Mega Millions history.
The estimated cash payout is $216 million.
Maryland has seen 10 Mega Millions jackpot winners. This year alone Maryland had 15 $1 million winners.
In October, an Anne Arundel County man had a $189 million winning ticket. He took the cash option, taking home $86 million after state and federal taxes.
Last year, three Baltimore County educators had one of three winning tickets for the record $656 million jackpot. Each took home almost $35 million after state and federal taxes.
Other Local News:
- 3 People Dead In Overnight Fire At Group Home
- Police: 12 Y.O. Boy Fatally Struck By Reckless Driver
- 16 Y.O. Girl Accused Of Attacking, Carjacking Pregnant Teacher Charged As Adult
- Multi-Million Dollar Project To Replace Old Gas Line Ensures Environmental Friendliness
- Attorney May Seek Plea Deal In Maryland Child Porn Case