BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Now might be a good time to buy your Mega Millions ticket.
With no one winning Wednesday night’s jackpot, Friday night’s potential winnings are up to $400 million.
That’s the fifth largest jackpot in Mega Millions history.
The estimated cash payout is $216 million.
Maryland has seen 10 Mega Millions jackpot winners. This year alone Maryland had 15 $1 million winners.
In October, an Anne Arundel County man had a $189 million winning ticket. He took the cash option, taking home $86 million after state and federal taxes.
Last year, three Baltimore County educators had one of three winning tickets for the record $656 million jackpot. Each took home almost $35 million after state and federal taxes.
Other Local News:
- A Devastated Community Comes Together To Honor 6 Children Killed In Fire
- Frederick Co. Schools Employee Speaks Out After Being Fired For Tweet
- Reverend Al Sharpton Involved In Initiative To Help City Schools
- TSA Reports Increase In Guns Found At US Airports
- 4-Alarm City Fire Knocked Down After Crews On Scene For Almost 24 Hours