BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Now might be a good time to buy your Mega Millions ticket.
With no one winning Wednesday night’s jackpot, Friday night’s potential winnings are up to $400 million.
That’s the fifth largest jackpot in Mega Millions history.
The estimated cash payout is $216 million.
Maryland has seen 10 Mega Millions jackpot winners. This year alone Maryland had 15 $1 million winners.
In October, an Anne Arundel County man had a $189 million winning ticket. He took the cash option, taking home $86 million after state and federal taxes.
Last year, three Baltimore County educators had one of three winning tickets for the record $656 million jackpot. Each took home almost $35 million after state and federal taxes.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Community Prays For Slain Detective; Murder Remains Unsolved More Than Week Later
- Baltimore To Move Forward With Program To Provide Legal Assistance For Undocumented Immigrants
- Consumers Head Straight To Retailers From Thanksgiving Table For Black Friday Deals
- Woman Sentenced To 3.5 Years In Fatal Crash
- Thanksgiving Day Fire Breaks Out In Harford County