Could Md. Hit Big Again? Mega Millions Jackpot Up To $400M
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Now might be a good time to buy your Mega Millions ticket.
With no one winning Wednesday night’s jackpot, Friday night’s potential winnings are up to $400 million.
That’s the fifth largest jackpot in Mega Millions history.
The estimated cash payout is $216 million.
Maryland has seen 10 Mega Millions jackpot winners. This year alone Maryland had 15 $1 million winners.
In October, an Anne Arundel County man had a $189 million winning ticket. He took the cash option, taking home $86 million after state and federal taxes.
Last year, three Baltimore County educators had one of three winning tickets for the record $656 million jackpot. Each took home almost $35 million after state and federal taxes.
Other Local News:
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- Fatal Pedestrian Accident Under Investigation In Harford County
- FAA Tackles Growing Drone Problem With New App
- Former Police Commissioner Examines Baltimore Unrest In Panel Discussion
- Police Investigating Threatening Tweet Made Toward La Plata Residents