HOWARD COUNTY, Md. (WJZ)– Howard County Police have identified the man who died in a collision over the weekend on Baltimore National Pike.
A preliminary investigation indicates 91-year-old Joseph Kryszpel of Pikesville died when his Lincoln Town Car collided head-on with a 2013 Toyota Camry just east of Marriottsville Road on Baltimore National Pike Saturday evening. Police say Kryszpel was going the wrong way–traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes.
The driver of the Toyota, identified as 46-year-old Nam Hee Choe, was transported to Shock Trauma and is listed in stable condition.
Westbound Baltimore National Pike was closed for approximately two hours during the investigation.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Orioles Honor One Armed Teen With Opening Catch
- Police Locate Missing Teen With Autism In Baltimore County
- War of Words Between City Police Union And Baltimore Police Department
- Baltimore Business Owners File Lawsuit Against Police, Mayor And Officials For 2015 Riots
- Baltimore Police Arrest All Teens Suspects In Brazen Assault Caught on Camera