ABERDEEN, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is hit and killed by a train in Harford County.
It happened around 4:30 p.m. Saturday just north of Aberdeen.
That’s where Amtrak officials say a train heading to Boston came into contact with a trespasser.
The injuries were fatal.
About 300 passengers were on board the train at the time of the incident.
No one else was hurt.
The train was delayed for several hours so police could investigate.
The victim has not yet been identified.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Zoo Officials Discuss Safety Procedures After Cincinnati Incident
- 5 Shot During Baltimore Cookout; Suspect Sought & 2 Victims Arrested
- Neighbors March For Justice After 90-Year-Old Dies After Assault
- Report: Md. Beaches Are On A 4-Year Clean Streak
- Now That It’s Warming Up, It’s Time To Take Zika Precautions