ABERDEEN, Md. (WJZ) — A pedestrian is hit and killed by a train in Harford County.
It happened around 4:30 p.m. Saturday just north of Aberdeen.
That’s where Amtrak officials say a train heading to Boston came into contact with a trespasser.
The injuries were fatal.
About 300 passengers were on board the train at the time of the incident.
No one else was hurt.
The train was delayed for several hours so police could investigate.
The victim has not yet been identified.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Md. Attorney General Signs Off On Giant, Food Lion Merger
- Report: State Indicates Possible Appeal In New Trial for Adnan Syed
- Restaurant That Served Driver Who Killed Noah Leotta Forfeits License
- State Faces Hurdle in Trial of 5th Officer Charged in Freddie Gray Case
- Police: Man Found Shot in Head on Patapsco Ave. ‘Critical’