BALTIMORE (WJZ)— U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers in Baltimore seize nearly 128 pounds of cocaine Wednesday in two gym bags packed with a shipment of car parts from Colon, Panama.
During a routine inspection, CBP officers detected two gym bags full of a combined 50 bricks of cocaine.
CBP officers seized the cocaine, which weighed a combined 58 kilograms, or nearly 128 pounds, and had an estimated street value of about $4 million.
This is CBP’s largest cocaine seizure in Baltimore since April 2007 when CBP officers discovered 310 pounds of cocaine concealed in three duffle bags inside a refrigerated container that arrived from Ecuador.
Other Local News:
- Outpouring Of Support For Sen. John McCain Following Cancer Diagnosis
- TSA: Man At Airport Said He Forgot About Loaded Gun In Bag
- Heat Advisory, Code Red Air Quality Alert In Effect Today
- Neighbor: ‘Don’t Have A Lot Of Trust In Police’ After Officer Accused Of Planting Drugs
- State Launches Pilot Program For Digital Driver’s License