BALTIMORE (WJZ)— U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers in Baltimore seize nearly 128 pounds of cocaine Wednesday in two gym bags packed with a shipment of car parts from Colon, Panama.
During a routine inspection, CBP officers detected two gym bags full of a combined 50 bricks of cocaine.
CBP officers seized the cocaine, which weighed a combined 58 kilograms, or nearly 128 pounds, and had an estimated street value of about $4 million.
This is CBP’s largest cocaine seizure in Baltimore since April 2007 when CBP officers discovered 310 pounds of cocaine concealed in three duffle bags inside a refrigerated container that arrived from Ecuador.
Other Local News:
- 10-Page Complaint Filed Against Marilyn Mosby Over Freddie Gray Investigation
- Ex-School Aide Indicted On 270 Counts In Sex Abuse Case
- Md., DC Democrats Continuing Push for Gun-Control Laws
- Loved Ones of Lor Scoota Demands Justice For Slain Rapper
- Man Seriously Injured After Tree Falls Onto Passenger Bus in AACo.