Baltimore Customs Seize 128 Pounds Of Cocaine In Shipment From Panama
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)— U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers in Baltimore seize nearly 128 pounds of cocaine Wednesday in two gym bags packed with a shipment of car parts from Colon, Panama.
During a routine inspection, CBP officers detected two gym bags full of a combined 50 bricks of cocaine.
CBP officers seized the cocaine, which weighed a combined 58 kilograms, or nearly 128 pounds, and had an estimated street value of about $4 million.
This is CBP’s largest cocaine seizure in Baltimore since April 2007 when CBP officers discovered 310 pounds of cocaine concealed in three duffle bags inside a refrigerated container that arrived from Ecuador.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Co. Fire Dept. Releases Report From Night Firefighter Died
- 17-Year-Old Youth Leader Laid To Rest As City Leaders Work To Stop Teen Violence
- Students At American University Call For Action After Shocking Emails Leaked
- More Than Half Of Maryland Voters Still Undecided On Next Governor
- Memorial Held For Man Who Died During Diving Trip With Friends In Indonesia