Fire Damages Silver Spring Home, Injures Resident

SILVER SPRING, Md. (AP) — A fire that tore through a Silver Spring home has injured an adult male resident and left two firefighters with minor burns.

Montgomery County fire officials say the blaze on Narrows Court broke out Wednesday morning and caused an estimated $750,000 worth of damage.

Assistant Chief Scott Graham of the county fire department says on Twitter that five people were displaced. He says the fire was an accident and was apparently caused by improper use of flammable liquids to start a fireplace.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Track Weather On The Go With Our App!

Listen Live