WEATHER BLOG: Post-Christmas Snow
The band of snow that moved through the region just clipped the city with a flurry, but the snow was much more substantial across the PA line. Roads became slippery as the snow was moderate to heavy for 30 minutes or so; many accidents were reported around York, for example. About an inch fell in a 60-90 minute period in places like York and Lancaster.
We look to be on track for decent weather for the next couple of days as surface high pressure slides by to the south and actually it looks very nice on Saturday by late December standards. However, a storm will move up from the south through the region Sunday and give us a soaking rain. Somebody well north and west runs the risk of seeing snow mixing in and even slushy accumulations if the storm can manufacture enough of its own cold air. Western Maryland to the Poconos is the main area of concern there.
Behind that storm, the doors get thrown open for arctic air to return and the middle of next week looks quite cold.
Other Local News:
- Cruise Industry Under Fire As Lawmakers Debate Stronger Regulations
- Browns Fan Posts Video Of Himself Urinating On Art Modell’s Grave
- State Police Warn Of New Phone Scam Demanding Money
- Rockville Parents Accused Of Locking Adult Autistic Twin Sons In Filthy Basement
- Amazon.com Representatives Meet With Baltimore Community