There isn’t any bitterly cold air in our forecast for the next few days. But, as we’ve been advertising for a few days now, this is all going to change rather abruptly early next week and we’ll ring in 2014 with some much colder air. Actually, for those who are headed out on Tuesday night (New Year’s Eve), it’ll be exceptionally cold with most temperatures in the 20s at the stroke of midnight.
We do expect some milder weather in the near term. With a good deal of sunshine this afternoon, most temperatures managed to reach the mid 40s. High pressure, which is centered over the southern Appalachians today, is going to drift slowly to the east-southeast during the next 36 hours. So, the clockwise flow of air surrounding this feature as it moves into the Carolinas will usher a fairly light, westerly wind into the region. That surface wind is expected to become more southwesterly tomorrow, which will result in an even milder afternoon — most temperatures will be in the lower or middle 50s!
Other Local News:
- Heartbreak In Abingdon After Deputies Killed In The Line Of Duty
- Fellow Officers Pay Their Respects To Fallen Sheriff’s Deputies
- 2 Deputies Killed In Shopping Center Shootout; Suspect Also Dead
- Witnesses Recount Frightening Scene After Deputies Killed
- 18-Year-Old Victim In Fells Point Triple Shooting Dies