BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Fireworks light up the night sky at the Inner Harbor. Tens of thousands of people were there for the big show.
Linh Bui has more on the festivities.
The live music is blaring, and people have their New Year’s gear. It’s time to ring in 2014.
An estimated 50,000 people filled the Inner Harbor for Baltimore’s New Year’s Eve Spectacular. Eighty percent came from outside the city.
“Young lady here came from New Jersey, I came from Washington, D.C. because it’s been fantastic,” one man said.
“It’s our first time coming out to celebrate instead of sitting on the couch. We wanted to be in it,” another visitor said.
The band Alter Ego rocked the stage ahead of a laser light show and a booming grand finale–a spectacular fireworks display over the water.
“We’re always staying kind of close to home. So, this is still close, but it’ll be nice to see the fireworks up front,” one woman said.
“Pretty awesome. It’s nice to see everybody out here having fun and getting ready to ring in the new year,” another visitor said.
Revelers reflect on the past year, but look forward to 2014.
Reporter: “Any best memories from 2013?”
Visitor: “Friends, family and him.”
Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake led the official countdown to 2014.
Other Local News:
- Scientists Collect Female Mussels To Restore Population, Keep Waterways Clean
- $4 Safety Whistle Saves The Life Of Stranded Md. Kayaker
- D.C. Teacher Inspires Students With Field Trip To His Graduation In Baltimore
- Road Closures For Ofc. Amy Caprio’s Viewing
- Child Hospitalized After Being Struck By SUV Outside Local School