ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ) — The winter weather caused a headache for many, but the storm also meant kids across the state had a day off to enjoy the snow.
Jessica Kartalija was out there with the best of them.
In Towson, all work and no play makes for a very dull snow day.
In Ellicott City, to Andrew Magdar, the hill at Hollyfield Elementary can be… “Scary. Sort of,” he said.
“Taking a day off school and work and having a snow day,” one parent said.
Wind, sunshine and fresh powder in Patterson Park.
And in Towson, they’re making the best of their day off.
Student: “I kind of like school, but it’s kind of fun when I get to have snow days.”
Reporter: “So, you’re not saying you don’t like school, you’re just saying you like snow days better.”
The experts take over–and so do the dads.
It’s so much fun, even Jessica Kartalija had to join in for a run. The hills have come alive!
For Andrew and his sister Caitlin, it doesn’t get much better than this.
“It’s really steep and there’s a lot of snow comes up when you sled,” Andrew said.
Most schools that were supposed to be back in class Friday reported a snow day.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Police Respond To Report Of Secret Aerial Surveillance Program
- Police: 2 More Baltimore Cop Impersonators Arrested
- Homicide Unit Investigating After Decomposing Body Found In Rosedale Home
- Report: Doctors in Sex Abuse Cases Often Not Disciplined
- Maryland PARCC Scores Show Slight Improvement In Math