BALTIMORE (WJZ) — First, it was snow. Then, it was the bone chilling temperatures. Now, Maryland is bracing for a third round of winter weather followed by even more and even worse cold temperatures.
Meteorologist Tim Williams reports this time it’s freezing rain in the forecast.
The combination of a very cold ground surface and temperatures near or below freezing overnight will allow rain to freeze on contact, particularly on untreated roads through Sunday morning.
A Freezing Rain Advisory is in effect for most of the viewing area, lasting through 12 p.m.
While some pockets of freezing rain are possible as early as 4 a.m. area-wide, the best chance for any freezing rain can be expected mid to late Sunday morning.
By Sunday afternoon, any residual freezing rain or freezing drizzle will change over to all rain.
Monday, temperatures will feel like they’re in the 30s during the day and low teens at night.
Tuesday is the coldest day, with temperatures not expected to get out of the teens. With wind chill factored in, it will feel like it’s in the negatives all day. Temperatures will be a little better on Wednesday. It will feel like it’s in the 20s.
Thursday will be a much nicer day, sunny and 40. Friday will be even better, with a high of 48 degrees.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Lawmakers Vote To Ban Drilling Known As Fracking
- Youngest Of Suspects In Arnesha Bowers’ Murder, Found Guilty Of Robbery, No Other Charges
- Baltimore Small Business Owner Meets With President Trump
- Ghost Fleet Of Mallows Bay Nears ‘National Marine Sanctuary’ Status
- Truck Driver Charged For Stealing Over $19K Worth Of Shoes