Police: Woman Steals Boots, Pepper Sprays Workers; 25-30 Others Affected
Get Breaking News First
HANOVER, Md. (AP) — Police say a woman stealing a pair of boots at Arundel Mills Mall pepper sprayed a store manager and a loss prevention officer.
Anne Arundel County say Cierra Scott, 24, of Brooklyn Park took the boots from Off Broadway Shoes on Sunday and pepper sprayed the store manager who confronted her. Police say the spray affected 25 to 30 people.
When a loss prevention officer confronted Scott outside, police say Scott threatened him with a knife and when he disarmed her, she pepper sprayed him too. The officer took spray and used it on Scott, who was taken into custody.
Police say Scott and one store employee were taken to a hospital. Others were treated on the scene.
Scott is charged with robbery, theft, reckless endangerment and second-degree assault.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Local Aircraft Experts Weigh In On The Mystery Of The Missing Malaysian Jetliner
- Crews Battle 3-Alarm Fire At Dundalk Paper Recycling Plant
- Police Officer Shot In East Baltimore; Extremely Critical Condition
- Father In Amber Alert Returned To Md. To Face Murder Charges
- Man Shoots Wife In Randallstown, Flees To Baltimore City & Shoots Himself In Head