HANOVER, Md. (AP) — Police say a woman stealing a pair of boots at Arundel Mills Mall pepper sprayed a store manager and a loss prevention officer.
Anne Arundel County say Cierra Scott, 24, of Brooklyn Park took the boots from Off Broadway Shoes on Sunday and pepper sprayed the store manager who confronted her. Police say the spray affected 25 to 30 people.
When a loss prevention officer confronted Scott outside, police say Scott threatened him with a knife and when he disarmed her, she pepper sprayed him too. The officer took spray and used it on Scott, who was taken into custody.
Police say Scott and one store employee were taken to a hospital. Others were treated on the scene.
Scott is charged with robbery, theft, reckless endangerment and second-degree assault.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- County Considers Cannabis Cultivation on Agricultural Land
- Officials to Discuss Preserving Ellicott City’s Main Street
- Gov. Hogan Expected To Mandate Md. School Year Begin After Labor Day
- FBI Searching for Armed Robbery Suspect; 4 Others Arrested
- One Year Later, Police Searching for Leads In Killing of Ft. Meade Soldier