BALTIMORE (WJZ) — More people have been sentenced to jail time in connection with the Black Guerrilla Family prison scandal at the Baltimore City Detention Center.
Tuesday, a judge sentenced 23-year-old Taryn Kirkland, a correctional officer at the detention center, to more than three years in prison for smuggling drugs into the jail.
A judge also sentenced 24-year-old Steven Loney, a BGF member, to nine years in prison.
Investigators say Loney became involved in sexual relationships with several correctional officers, including Kirkland.
They both had pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy.
According to their plea agreements, Kirkland frequently smuggled contraband, including marijuana and prescription pills, into BCDC on Loney’s behalf.
Other Local News:
- Johns Hopkins Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree
- More Photos Of Suspects Accused Of Shooting, Carjacking Woman In Highlandtown Released
- 3 Hopkins Students Involved In Separate Robbery Incidents Thursday
- Anne Arundel Co. Fighting Opioid Crisis With Program At Police, Fire Stations
- 2 Suspects Carjack Teacher At School, Rob Man, Carjack Another