2 More Sentenced To Jail Time In BGF Detention Center Scandal
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — More people have been sentenced to jail time in connection with the Black Guerrilla Family prison scandal at the Baltimore City Detention Center.
Tuesday, a judge sentenced 23-year-old Taryn Kirkland, a correctional officer at the detention center, to more than three years in prison for smuggling drugs into the jail.
A judge also sentenced 24-year-old Steven Loney, a BGF member, to nine years in prison.
Investigators say Loney became involved in sexual relationships with several correctional officers, including Kirkland.
They both had pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy.
According to their plea agreements, Kirkland frequently smuggled contraband, including marijuana and prescription pills, into BCDC on Loney’s behalf.
Other Local News:
- Remains Found Confirmed To Be Missing UVa. Student Hannah Graham
- Parachute Deployed In Frederick Air Collision Likely Saved Lives
- Dallas Nurse Declared Ebola-Free, Released From NIH
- Disturbing Video Shows 17-Year-Old Beaten By Gang Of Girls
- NTSB: Probe Into Triple Fatal Frederick County Aircraft Crash Will Take A Year