2 More Sentenced To Jail Time In BGF Detention Center Scandal
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — More people have been sentenced to jail time in connection with the Black Guerrilla Family prison scandal at the Baltimore City Detention Center.
Tuesday, a judge sentenced 23-year-old Taryn Kirkland, a correctional officer at the detention center, to more than three years in prison for smuggling drugs into the jail.
A judge also sentenced 24-year-old Steven Loney, a BGF member, to nine years in prison.
Investigators say Loney became involved in sexual relationships with several correctional officers, including Kirkland.
They both had pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy.
According to their plea agreements, Kirkland frequently smuggled contraband, including marijuana and prescription pills, into BCDC on Loney’s behalf.
Other Local News:
- Amazon.com Representatives Meet With Baltimore Community
- Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger Weighs In On Ukraine Crisis
- Browns Fan Posts Video Of Himself Urinating On Art Modell’s Grave
- World’s Top Pro Golfers Arrive At Caves Valley For Chance At A New Crown
- Preschoolers To Sing National Anthem At Iron Birds Game