BALTIMORE (WJZ) — More people have been sentenced to jail time in connection with the Black Guerrilla Family prison scandal at the Baltimore City Detention Center.
Tuesday, a judge sentenced 23-year-old Taryn Kirkland, a correctional officer at the detention center, to more than three years in prison for smuggling drugs into the jail.
A judge also sentenced 24-year-old Steven Loney, a BGF member, to nine years in prison.
Investigators say Loney became involved in sexual relationships with several correctional officers, including Kirkland.
They both had pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy.
According to their plea agreements, Kirkland frequently smuggled contraband, including marijuana and prescription pills, into BCDC on Loney’s behalf.
Other Local News:
- NE Baltimore Community Still Reeling After Fire Kills 6 Children
- QA Co. Deputy Shot In December Discharged From Hospital
- Security Measures Being Put In Place In Prep For Inauguration Day
- Former Ravens Pres. David Modell’s Funeral To Be Held Tuesday
- Local Performers React To Barnum & Bailey Circus Closing