BALTIMORE (WJZ) — More people have been sentenced to jail time in connection with the Black Guerrilla Family prison scandal at the Baltimore City Detention Center.
Tuesday, a judge sentenced 23-year-old Taryn Kirkland, a correctional officer at the detention center, to more than three years in prison for smuggling drugs into the jail.
A judge also sentenced 24-year-old Steven Loney, a BGF member, to nine years in prison.
Investigators say Loney became involved in sexual relationships with several correctional officers, including Kirkland.
They both had pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy.
According to their plea agreements, Kirkland frequently smuggled contraband, including marijuana and prescription pills, into BCDC on Loney’s behalf.
Other Local News:
- Person Of Interest in Custody In SW Baltimore Double Shooting
- Report: State Indicates Possible Appeal In New Trial for Adnan Syed
- State Faces Hurdle in Trial of 5th Officer Charged in Freddie Gray Case
- Ravens John Urschel Crunches Numbers With Baltimore Co. Students During Off Season
- Hospitals On Alert As Dangerous Heat Wave Scorches Maryland