Driver Who Hit And Killed Univ. Of Md. Student Turns Himself In
COLLEGE PARK, Md. (WJZ) — Police in College Park say the driver who hit and killed a University of Maryland student has turned himself in.
Police say just before 2 a.m. Friday Cory Hubbard, 22, of West Hampton Beach, N.Y., was crossing Baltimore Avenue at Knox Road.
Police say he was not in the crosswalk and died at the hospital.
The driver was in a metallic, blue vehicle with right front-end damage.
“It is with deep sadness that we extend our heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of the University of Maryland student killed this morning in a tragic, senseless accident,” said Wallace D. Loh, President of the University of Maryland. “In this time of loss, I ask that the entire Maryland family keep them in our thoughts and prayers.”
The police investigation of this matter is ongoing. Prince George’s County Police is leading the investigation.
Other Local News:
- Icy Weather Coming In Time For Evening Rush
- Carson Launches 2016 Exploratory Committee
- Man Ruled Incompetent For Trial In Death Of Chihuahua
- Former Gov. O’Malley Says He Won’t Run For Mikulski’s Seat
- Spring Is Coming! NPS Predicts Cherry Blossom Peak