ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — Delegate Jon Cardin makes it official.
The Baltimore County Democrat has announced his candidacy for Attorney General.
“Maryland faces tremendous challenges and opportunities. We need a passionate, proactive Attorney General who is prepared to face the modern threats of a rapidly changing world,” Cardin said. “I am excited to be the state’s lawyer, solving our problems, cleaning our environment and protecting our families” Cardin said regarding his candidacy.
Cardin is focusing his campaign heavily on “next-generation” issues, like cyberbullying and identity theft, and has fought to protect and expand access for each citizen’s right to vote.
He sponsored a landmark bill to protect children on the Internet signed by Governor O’Malley and currently chairs the subcommittee on election law.
According to an October poll, Cardin has an early lead over his competition, with 25 percent of the vote.
Other Local News:
- Manhunt For Escaped Prisoner Who Was Being Transported To Jessup Psychiatric Hospital
- Wife of Slain Delaware Trooper Says He Was Proud of His Work
- Police: Rape Suspect Arrested on the Scene of the Assault
- Suspect Arrested for Attempting to Rob Gas Station at Knifepoint
- Schenning Named Maryland’s Acting US Attorney