Del. Jon Cardin Officially Files For Attorney General
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — Delegate Jon Cardin makes it official.
The Baltimore County Democrat has announced his candidacy for Attorney General.
“Maryland faces tremendous challenges and opportunities. We need a passionate, proactive Attorney General who is prepared to face the modern threats of a rapidly changing world,” Cardin said. “I am excited to be the state’s lawyer, solving our problems, cleaning our environment and protecting our families” Cardin said regarding his candidacy.
Cardin is focusing his campaign heavily on “next-generation” issues, like cyberbullying and identity theft, and has fought to protect and expand access for each citizen’s right to vote.
He sponsored a landmark bill to protect children on the Internet signed by Governor O’Malley and currently chairs the subcommittee on election law.
According to an October poll, Cardin has an early lead over his competition, with 25 percent of the vote.
Other Local News:
- Wednesday’s Freddie Gray Hearing Could See Charges Dismissed; Mosby Recused
- Heavy Traffic Expected In Downtown Baltimore On Wednesday
- Maryland State Trooper Indicted For Allegedly Forcing Sex On Woman At Gunpoint
- 18th Child Dies From Heatstroke In U.S. In 2015
- Officials Searching For Prisoner Who Walked Off Job Site