ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — Delegate Jon Cardin makes it official.
The Baltimore County Democrat has announced his candidacy for Attorney General.
“Maryland faces tremendous challenges and opportunities. We need a passionate, proactive Attorney General who is prepared to face the modern threats of a rapidly changing world,” Cardin said. “I am excited to be the state’s lawyer, solving our problems, cleaning our environment and protecting our families” Cardin said regarding his candidacy.
Cardin is focusing his campaign heavily on “next-generation” issues, like cyberbullying and identity theft, and has fought to protect and expand access for each citizen’s right to vote.
He sponsored a landmark bill to protect children on the Internet signed by Governor O’Malley and currently chairs the subcommittee on election law.
According to an October poll, Cardin has an early lead over his competition, with 25 percent of the vote.
Other Local News:
- State Police ID 3 People Killed In Charles Co. Collision; Say Speed, Alcohol Factors
- Coast Guard Suspends Search For Baltimore Man Missing From VA Coast
- Officials Investigating Bus Fire On I-95 S, Traffic Affected
- Over 1,000 Displaced From 2-Alarm Electrical Fire In Bethesda Apt. Complex
- 15-Year-Old Boy In Critical Condition After Being Shot In Elkridge