Del. Jon Cardin Officially Files For Attorney General
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — Delegate Jon Cardin makes it official.
The Baltimore County Democrat has announced his candidacy for Attorney General.
“Maryland faces tremendous challenges and opportunities. We need a passionate, proactive Attorney General who is prepared to face the modern threats of a rapidly changing world,” Cardin said. “I am excited to be the state’s lawyer, solving our problems, cleaning our environment and protecting our families” Cardin said regarding his candidacy.
Cardin is focusing his campaign heavily on “next-generation” issues, like cyberbullying and identity theft, and has fought to protect and expand access for each citizen’s right to vote.
He sponsored a landmark bill to protect children on the Internet signed by Governor O’Malley and currently chairs the subcommittee on election law.
According to an October poll, Cardin has an early lead over his competition, with 25 percent of the vote.
Other Local News:
- Surveillance Captures Person Of Interest In Safeway Parking Lot Carjacking
- Towson Teacher Injured In Boston Marathon Returns One Year After Bombings
- Ex-Honors Student From Md. Sentenced To 5 Years In Jihadist Terror Plot
- 72-Year-Old Man Dead, Another Injured In Salisbury Home Invasion
- Baltimore Man, 24, Charged In Gas Station Stabbing Death