ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — Delegate Jon Cardin makes it official.
The Baltimore County Democrat has announced his candidacy for Attorney General.
“Maryland faces tremendous challenges and opportunities. We need a passionate, proactive Attorney General who is prepared to face the modern threats of a rapidly changing world,” Cardin said. “I am excited to be the state’s lawyer, solving our problems, cleaning our environment and protecting our families” Cardin said regarding his candidacy.
Cardin is focusing his campaign heavily on “next-generation” issues, like cyberbullying and identity theft, and has fought to protect and expand access for each citizen’s right to vote.
He sponsored a landmark bill to protect children on the Internet signed by Governor O’Malley and currently chairs the subcommittee on election law.
According to an October poll, Cardin has an early lead over his competition, with 25 percent of the vote.
Other Local News:
- 10-Page Complaint Filed Against Marilyn Mosby Over Freddie Gray Investigation
- Ex-School Aide Indicted On 270 Counts In Sex Abuse Case
- Md., DC Democrats Continuing Push for Gun-Control Laws
- Loved Ones of Lor Scoota Demands Justice For Slain Rapper
- Man Seriously Injured After Tree Falls Onto Passenger Bus in AACo.