PERRYVILLE, Md. (AP/WJZ) — Cecil County authorities say an 18-year-old woman was flown to a Baltimore hospital after her car slid down an icy hill and into a moving freight train.
The sheriff’s office says the crash occurred at a railroad crossing on Jackson Station Road in Perryville on Thursday morning.
Officials say 18-year-old Patti Pucci lost control of the car and slid into the rail crossing arm and the front of the train. They say the engineer saw the car coming, but he couldn’t stop the half-mile long, 2,000 ton train in time.
Officials say Pucci was flown to Shock Trauma in Baltimore.
She is in serious but stable condition and is expected to survive her injuries.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- $5 Million Study Set for New Chesapeake Bay Crossing
- Guilty Plea For Parkville Man Who Videotaped Young Girls At Swim Meets
- USDA to Reopen Offices Closed After Email Threats
- First Warning WX: Hurricane Watch In Effect As Tropical Depression Nears Florida Gulf
- ‘Preservation Resource Center’ Aims to Assist Ellicott City Flood Victims