PERRYVILLE, Md. (AP/WJZ) — Cecil County authorities say an 18-year-old woman was flown to a Baltimore hospital after her car slid down an icy hill and into a moving freight train.
The sheriff’s office says the crash occurred at a railroad crossing on Jackson Station Road in Perryville on Thursday morning.
Officials say 18-year-old Patti Pucci lost control of the car and slid into the rail crossing arm and the front of the train. They say the engineer saw the car coming, but he couldn’t stop the half-mile long, 2,000 ton train in time.
Officials say Pucci was flown to Shock Trauma in Baltimore.
She is in serious but stable condition and is expected to survive her injuries.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Report Supports Police Car Bombing Suspect’s Insanity Plea
- President Takes Stance Against Anti-Semitism Following Threats Against Jewish Community
- Distracted Drivers Taking A Toll On Insurance Premiums
- Howard Co. Overturns Ban On Tasers And Stun Guns
- Anne Arundel Co. Political Operatives Found Guilty For Robocalls