PERRYVILLE, Md. (AP/WJZ) — Cecil County authorities say an 18-year-old woman was flown to a Baltimore hospital after her car slid down an icy hill and into a moving freight train.
The sheriff’s office says the crash occurred at a railroad crossing on Jackson Station Road in Perryville on Thursday morning.
Officials say 18-year-old Patti Pucci lost control of the car and slid into the rail crossing arm and the front of the train. They say the engineer saw the car coming, but he couldn’t stop the half-mile long, 2,000 ton train in time.
Officials say Pucci was flown to Shock Trauma in Baltimore.
She is in serious but stable condition and is expected to survive her injuries.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Boxing Helping Those Battling In The Fight Against Parkinsons’
- Police: Man Wanted For Kidnapping And Attempted Robbery
- Police: Shoplifting Family Affair At Babies R Us Ends In Car Chase
- Church Nursery Volunteer Charged, Girl Says He Touched Her During Mass
- BPD Looking For Next Of Kin For Man Found Dead In Vacant Home