Woman,18, Seriously Injured When Car Slid Down Hill And Into Moving Train
Get Breaking News First
PERRYVILLE, Md. (AP/WJZ) — Cecil County authorities say an 18-year-old woman was flown to a Baltimore hospital after her car slid down an icy hill and into a moving freight train.
The sheriff’s office says the crash occurred at a railroad crossing on Jackson Station Road in Perryville on Thursday morning.
Officials say 18-year-old Patti Pucci lost control of the car and slid into the rail crossing arm and the front of the train. They say the engineer saw the car coming, but he couldn’t stop the half-mile long, 2,000 ton train in time.
Officials say Pucci was flown to Shock Trauma in Baltimore.
She is in serious but stable condition and is expected to survive her injuries.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Gov. O’Malley Talks Immigration With Faith Leaders
- 1,000 Horseshoe Casino Employees Report For First Day
- Mayor Cuts The Ribbon To Baltimore City’s 1st New Rec Center In 10 Years
- Hopkins Expert: No Cure, Vaccine For Ebola Contracted By 2 American Volunteers In Africa
- Woody Harrelson Hosts Charity Dinner At Black Olive