Laurel Man Shot Multiple Times, Crashes Truck Into Tree
Get Breaking News First
LAUREL, Md. (WJZ)— Howard County Police are investigating the Thursday night shooting that left a Laurel man seriously injured.
It happened around 10 p.m. in the 9400-block of Sewall Avenue.
Police suspect Russell Elbert Rowe, 24, of Main Street, was shot several times while sitting in his pickup truck on Sewall Avenue. It is unclear why he was there. In an attempt to flee, Rowe struck a tree in front of a nearby home.
When the homeowner called police to report the crash, officers responded and found Rowe alone in the driver’s seat suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
He was taken to Shock Trauma and is listed in critical condition.
Detectives are continuing to investigate. Anyone who may have heard or seen something related to this incident is asked to call police at 410-313-3200.
Other Local News:
- Remains Found Confirmed To Be Missing UVa. Student Hannah Graham
- Parachute Deployed In Frederick Air Collision Likely Saved Lives
- Dallas Nurse Declared Ebola-Free, Released From NIH
- Disturbing Video Shows 17-Year-Old Beaten By Gang Of Girls
- NTSB: Probe Into Triple Fatal Frederick County Aircraft Crash Will Take A Year