LAUREL, Md. (WJZ)— Howard County Police are investigating the Thursday night shooting that left a Laurel man seriously injured.
It happened around 10 p.m. in the 9400-block of Sewall Avenue.
Police suspect Russell Elbert Rowe, 24, of Main Street, was shot several times while sitting in his pickup truck on Sewall Avenue. It is unclear why he was there. In an attempt to flee, Rowe struck a tree in front of a nearby home.
When the homeowner called police to report the crash, officers responded and found Rowe alone in the driver’s seat suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
He was taken to Shock Trauma and is listed in critical condition.
Detectives are continuing to investigate. Anyone who may have heard or seen something related to this incident is asked to call police at 410-313-3200.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Students Hang With Orioles Players At Annual Christmas Party
- ‘Waitress’ Musical Holds Auditions In Baltimore
- 1 Former, 3 Current Fallston Firefighters Face Charges In Sexual Assault Case
- Elderly Woman Killed In Northeast Baltimore Hit And Run, Police Seeking Driver
- Alert Lifted For Owings Mills Schools After Nearby Chinese Restaurant Robbery