LAUREL, Md. (WJZ)— Howard County Police are investigating the Thursday night shooting that left a Laurel man seriously injured.
It happened around 10 p.m. in the 9400-block of Sewall Avenue.
Police suspect Russell Elbert Rowe, 24, of Main Street, was shot several times while sitting in his pickup truck on Sewall Avenue. It is unclear why he was there. In an attempt to flee, Rowe struck a tree in front of a nearby home.
When the homeowner called police to report the crash, officers responded and found Rowe alone in the driver’s seat suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
He was taken to Shock Trauma and is listed in critical condition.
Detectives are continuing to investigate. Anyone who may have heard or seen something related to this incident is asked to call police at 410-313-3200.
Other Local News:
- As State’s Casinos Compete, Maryland Live! Places Final Beam Of Attached Hotel
- Man Accused Of Fatally Stabbing Sister, 2 Cousins Charged With Murder
- 4 Dead In Serious Vehicle Accident In Westminster
- Hate Crime Charge Brought Against Man Accused Of Killing Bowie St. Student
- Puppies Brought To Maryland After Hurricane Maria Now Up For Adoption