BALTIMORE (WJZ) — BGE is providing budget billing plans to help customers after weeks of cold temperatures.
BGE officials say that energy usage has increased an average of 10 percent in January.
“To assist customers with high winter heating bills, we are offering customers immediate enrollment into our Budget Billing program, which spreads payments out over a 12 month period so customers aren’t as affected by seasonal increases in usage,” said Carol Dodson, vice president and chief customer officer for BGE. “Typically, the enrollment process takes a full billing cycle. Customers who wish to enroll in Budget Billing should call BGE at 800-685-0123 and we will incorporate their current winter bills, thus spreading out their utility costs over a full-year average.”
They say customers can call to discuss budget billing and other payment options.
Other Local News:
- Severe Thunderstorms Leaves Path Of Destruction Across Region
- Riders Safely Removed After Roller Coaster Stalls At Md. Six Flags
- Baltimore County Preps For Severe Weather As We Approach Hurricane Season
- Police: Sexual Assault, Burglary Suspect Caught On Surveillance Camera
- Suspect Wanted For Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Girl Twice Within Minutes