Burglary Suspect Wearing ‘Police’ Shirt Dead After Police-Involved Shooting
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Two officers shot and killed an armed suspect during a burglary-in-progress investigation in Baltimore City.
When officers arrived to a home in the 1800-block of Spence Street just before 11 p.m. Wednesday, they saw signs of a burglary in progress and entered the residence to investigate.
While inside, the officers say they were confronted by two suspects wearing clothing with the word “police” on them, as to indicate they were also police officers.
One of the suspects was armed with a handgun.
After commanding the armed suspect to drop the weapon to no avail, two officers fired their service weapons, striking the armed suspect.
The suspect was transported to an area hospital, where he died from his injuries.
No officers were injured during this incident.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Balt. Co. Police Search For Missing Kids
- Baltimore Leaders Fight City’s Criminal Reputation In Pop Culture
- Morgan Officials Release More Information In Student’s Death
- 18-Year-Old Drowns In Ocean City After Being Caught In Rip Current
- Excitement Continues As Horseshoe Casino Opens For Its First Full Day