EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)—An Anne Arundel County woman is dead after being hit by a driverless car.
Just after 3 p.m. Monday, Lee Sheila Mahoney, 73, was walking down Chesapeake Drive in Edgewater when a parked 2010 Ford Mustang started to move down the hill behind her.
The car hit her, pinning her underneath.
The car’s owner—23-year-old David Adam Garman–ran after it. Not knowing Mahoney was there, Garman began to back the vehicle up.
So far no charges have been filed against Garman. But preliminary investigation indicates that the primary cause of this crash is driver error. Police say Garman failed park the vehicle with its wheels turned properly toward the curb with the parking brake set.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- 3 Firefighters Injured, Dog Dies In Temple Hills Fire
- Woman Stabbed, Man Shot During Baltimore Domestic Incident, Police Say
- Baltimore Police Searching for Missing 13-year-old
- Suspect Opens Fire On Off-Duty Maryland Sheriff, Authorities Say
- Baltimore Co. Police Investigating Death of 20-year-old in Dundalk