EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)—An Anne Arundel County woman is dead after being hit by a driverless car.
Just after 3 p.m. Monday, Lee Sheila Mahoney, 73, was walking down Chesapeake Drive in Edgewater when a parked 2010 Ford Mustang started to move down the hill behind her.
The car hit her, pinning her underneath.
The car’s owner—23-year-old David Adam Garman–ran after it. Not knowing Mahoney was there, Garman began to back the vehicle up.
So far no charges have been filed against Garman. But preliminary investigation indicates that the primary cause of this crash is driver error. Police say Garman failed park the vehicle with its wheels turned properly toward the curb with the parking brake set.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- NYPD Commissioner Calls Out Mosby For ‘Inexperience, Overcharging Cops’
- 90-Year-Old Woman Dies After Violent Baltimore Home Invasion
- Man Who Made Bomb Threat at Baltimore TV Station Due In Court
- Howard County’s Newest Equipment Will Aid In Life-Saving Water Rescues
- Rock Climber Hurt In Fall In Western Maryland