EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)—An Anne Arundel County woman is dead after being hit by a driverless car.
Just after 3 p.m. Monday, Lee Sheila Mahoney, 73, was walking down Chesapeake Drive in Edgewater when a parked 2010 Ford Mustang started to move down the hill behind her.
The car hit her, pinning her underneath.
The car’s owner—23-year-old David Adam Garman–ran after it. Not knowing Mahoney was there, Garman began to back the vehicle up.
So far no charges have been filed against Garman. But preliminary investigation indicates that the primary cause of this crash is driver error. Police say Garman failed park the vehicle with its wheels turned properly toward the curb with the parking brake set.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Man Injured In Tornado Credits Late Wife With Helping Him Get Out Alive
- Wrong Way Crash Kills 2 On Route 50 In Annapolis
- NTSB: Nearly As Many Die In Speed Related Crashes As Alcohol Related Crashes
- Officials Unveil Flood Protection Plans Near Anniversary Of Ellicott City Flood
- 1 Person Pistol Whipped; 6 Arrested In Resort Robbery